I need sleep! Even as a mom there is still a limit to sleeplessness. I am reaching the point where even coffee and coke cannot cure my ills. Here are my
Top Five Ways to get SLEEP with a baby!
I do not always follow them, but at least I know what they are :)
1. Visit Grandma! The advantage of going to grandma’s house to
take a nap is that she will get sleep after you leave!
2. Switch sleeping schedules with hubby. We’ve got a new routine: Hubby goes to bed at 8:30pm & me at midnight. I keep little Charlie for the first shift, then he’ll take little Charlie from 4am and onward.
3. Grab your stroller and take a walk! There is something about a walk outside that makes a baby content and sleepy. After the walk, don’t move the baby! Pass out on the couch next to the stroller.
4. Drive around the block, again, and again, and again! As little Charlie gets older it doesn’t always work, but for the first 4 months it was a life saver.
5. Wear him out... I usually let him play in his jumper
before bed. He’ll bounce like crazy, till he starts rubbing his eyes. Then I know its my time to cut the lights, nurse, and fall asleep for the night.
Bonus tip: If all else fails, I would nurse him and then put him in the stroller in the house. I would put my feet on the stroller to push it back and forth while rocking in the recliner. (You can watch a movie on your tablet, with all the lights off, and baby will peacefully drift off to sleep)
Obviously, these are just my humble thoughts and opinions. You need to do what is best for your baby. You should always talk with your Pediatrician before trying these things.